Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Justin's birthday - Bolt, Chinese Buffet and Yangtze Cinema...what!?


Happy Birthday to Justin!

- 8 Dec 2008 -

I was late, as usual.
But the birthday boy was even later than I was.
hahahaaa!

Dawnie couldn't join us 'coz she had to bring her mom to see the doctor.
(btw, I diagnose her mom with gastric flu by sms! how cool is that...ahaha! Dawnie, I'll give you my name card soon!)

We watched BOLT at CineLeisure.
And I got the shock of my life when I found out movie tickets are now $10!!!
*fainted*

So expensive!
But still...lots of people milling about at the cinema.
What recession?
Didn't expect much from this show, haven't even heard of it prior to Gerry's suggestion.

Gerry!!
Bolt is a white German Shepherd!
hahaha!
Not a Westie as assumed.
(though bolt's head is damn big compared to his body...)





The posters in Korea would look like this!
WOOHOO!!

It reminds me of a cross between The Truman Show, Homeward Bound & Kim Possible!
The starting was quite dark and really not your typical cartoon.
I could feel myself tensing up initially.
But after you get the story line, the flow was good.

The dialogue is so funny, the people around me were laughing every other 5mins.
That's at least!
The loudest person in the theater was sitting next to me!
Kakaka!
The unlikely trio will definitely entertain.
The fat deluded hamster might have stolen the spotlight from Bolt,
if not for the last part where...

*SPOILER ALERT!!!*
Bolt saved his human...
*SPOILER ALERT!!!*


I think the moral of the story is :

Dig deeper!
Your eyes may deceive you.


So after our wonderful show,
we met up with Eugene & his many other friends(a.k.a strangers...) for dinner.
(This person don't wanna watch Bolt then don't let XiaoYing watch also...tsk tsk)

Chinese 'wedding dinner' buffet thingy at Neil Road.
We were the only customers!
Wahhh...
Apparently, they deal mainly with tour groups.
So I guess this could be why the waitresses seem to be rather stand-offish.
Tour groups will come and go no matter how you serve.
Most likely they'll never serve the same person again anyway,
might as well serve the way they feel like.

Even so...
I liked the kai lan and mango pudding!
Wooo!

And if you can't tell,
I was fascinated with the chopsticks as well.
=)



The 3 pics below are the ones I like best!
The favorit-est one would be the one on the left hand side.
The background is so pretty!!
(except for the 'kwa tio gui' face)
Have bougainvillea some more!

And our monochrome theme.
hahha!






NC16 content.
Pls read with care!

- Yangtze Cinema -



On the way home to the bus stop, we passed by the infamous Yangtze cinema.
I wonder how long this cinema will keep going.
One fine day the old men will ALL pass on, will the uncles from MY generation
continue to patronize this place when they too become old and wrinkled?

Anyhow, guess what Justin's teacher once said about this place.
Take a guess!
It's fun!

.
.
.
.

Got it yet?

.
.
.
.

Come on!
.
.
.
.

Tick Tock!
.
.
.
.

The answer is...

.
.
.
.

"The floor's very sticky."

hahahah!
Did you get it right?

No comments: