Monday, February 23, 2009

words and meanings...

If you watch Taiwanese idol series,
you'll find that they often describe a not-so-good-looking-socially-awkward girl/boy as
'zhai nu' or 'zhai nan'.

I don't know the exact meaning but I'm watching Rainie's new show
愛就宅一起

And they describe the 'zhai' in 'zhai nu' or 'zhai nan' as

Agoraphobia

Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder, often precipitated by the fear of having a panic attack in a setting from which there is no easy means of escape. As a result, sufferers of agoraphobia may avoid public and/or unfamiliar places. In severe cases, the sufferer may become confined to his or her home, experiencing difficulty traveling from this "safe place."

OMG!!!
I think I'm slightly agoraphobic.

...mixed with being slightly

Xenophobic - Fear of strangers or foreigners
[ I don't like strangers!!!! =( ]

So I'm...
Agora-Xeno-Phobic

ohhh nooo...
I'm Sick!

I wonder which part of my childhood these phobias came from.




No comments: