Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shopaholic : RiverKids

Due to someone's influence,
I might be getting this pair of Amy Flats.
kakaka!



Going to try it and maybe check out N.U.M later.

***

I wish I saw this site earlier!!
Then would have bought X'mas presents & birthday present here!

THE RIVERKIDS SHOP



All profits will go into the project that helps fight child trafficking in Cambodia.
Child trafficking meaning the kids from extremely poor families get sold into the sex trade, sold to be underage maids/laborers, sold to be beggars of syndicated rings etc.

Whatever horrible things you can imagine as a defenseless young kid from a poor familiy in Cambodia can probably happen la.

These stories are damn sad.


Anyway, what caught my interest are these bags from Bloom,
which are sold at RiverKids as well.

Bloom's buyline...
buy something beautiful, do something beautiful
and YES!!!
The bags are so pretty & cool & unique!
(did i see same/similar ones at N.U.M?)

Check them out!
(all pics credit to riverkids & bloom)
















"Constructed from recycled plastic used for heavyduty feedsacks in Cambodia, these bags are laminated for extra strength"

It means that your bag was once used to carry fish food!
But it's been washed already.
I'm sure they won't sell you fishy smelling bags.
hahaha!

I want to order!!
I lub lub lubbbb the mermaid bag...haiyo!!
I want it laminated though!!

Actually I don't really know how to go about ordering also, guess I've to email the person.
BTW, founder of BLOOM is a Singaporean!
She's doing good things with BLOOM.
*beams*

Anyone wants to order them with me??
I think it could be cheaper for shipping in bulk from Cambodia, no?

Shipping to Singapore is FREE for items bought from RIVERKIDS though.

Buying a bag from either RIVERKIDS or BLOOM would enable you to help someone live a normal life that we've all taken for granted.


BUY!
BUY!
BUY!
BUY!
(buy la...)

No comments: