Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crocs Expo Sale - Long pic filled post

It all started with Grace sending an email about the Crocs Warehouse Sale.
She must have thought of me coz I'm wearing my Beach and Maryjane Crocs all over the place.
Anyhoo, THANKS GRACE!


The advert above I forwarded to my COLOR crocs loving girls and Fi sent a mail back saying she was gonna forward it out when she received the mail from me.

It's FATE la!!!

We were so not prepared, time and place to meet was decided on the very last minute.
That morning I was supposed to wake up at 8am but my ears have become rather immune to the ringing from hp's alarm.
Woke up at 9.30am and I take an hour to get to Expo...hahahah!

The whole 'early bird catches the worm' does not apply to me.


Time and Place : Tanah Merah MRT 11am.

Fi arrived first.
When I found her, she said in a worried voice,
Eh, alot of people leh (aka alot of aunties leh...)



Waiting for the train that goes to Expo.
Finger exercises put to good use.


(Mentally) Preparing for war...

Looking at the pictures now, makes me feel scared.
Look at the crowd.



When you enter the convention hall, they give you a rather huge semi-clear plastic bag.
For you to be your own Father Christmas.
It's like you've arrived to
CROCS WONDERLAND!

Instead of candycanes and fun filled rides...
You get mini mountains of carton boxes filled with
Crocs flip flops, Crocs shoes, Crocs sandals etc.


The organizers set up the back area of the Expo hall to sell their wares.
Let me put it this way, the only way to stop the crowd from tearing open all the carton boxes, was a row of tables and the people behind them.
Tables to put 'SAMPLES' and act as a baracade.
People to 'help' get the model or shoe size you want.

And if you wanted to get Crocs footwear in your size or model, be prepared to jump, raise your voice, wave your hands madly in the air to get noticed.
Else, forget it.
You're never going to get anything.
You'll have to pick whatever other people have discarded, off the FLOOR!

In the area of free-for-all-kinda SALE, Fi is much better than I am.
She bravely squeezed her way to the front of the table and got some out for the both of us.
Thanks babe!
But the most memorable line I remember her saying is,

I cannot squeeze here, in front all aunties. Cannot fight with aunties, can never win. They'll never move one.

hahahaha!! Damn funny la, I was laughing like crazy and people were looking at us like...
SIAO...BUY UNTIL SO HAPPY AH...
=)

Em joined us slightly later.
When we found each other, she was already holding a few pairs of Kiddy Crocs.
Cannot wait lo...

Fi and Em holding some of their buys, the flower pot is actually a pocket.
SO CUTE!!

Ariel and Aragorn's soon to be footwear.
EVERYTHING IS SOOOO CUTE!!!
(I'm sure that's what the organizers hope for...)

We wanted to get something for MinHui's belated birthday prezzie as she's been wanting a pair of Crocs.
The poor girl lost her wallet and phone near her birthday.
But the one that she wanted was Out Of Stock!
Looking back, think we should have gotten her a pair of MaryJanes!

While Fi was looking for MinHui's stuff, Em and I decided to join The Queue first.
Truth to be told, The Queue is the most fantastic thing ever.
It's the first time I couldn't find the end of a queue.
We walked the entire Expo to trace the tail of The Queue and found it,
at the place where we started the search for
The Queue
.



Barely 2mins in line and I've a lady asking me if I was lineing up to pay for my plastic bag worth of Crocs. She had to go find one more pair of Crocs so she got her kids to remember me, this jiejie (sister) in white. So if The Queue moved, they were to follow me.
WAH! Suddenly I'm like a impromptu nanny cum Q marker also! hahaha! But I don't mind.
And they're so cute also! The boho looking little girl is pretty!
It's just that I would have no hope ever of cutting Q with the 3 of them with me.

Anyway, when the Mommy came back around 5mins later.
She realized The Queue did not move (but it grew longer...).
So she asked the kids if they still wanted to wait. The youngest wanted to wait, I think she had her heart set on her Crocs. Older Sister was neutral but Big Brother didn't want to wait, think he suspect that he would have to Q 'til the next day.

In the end, Mommy decided not to buy the Crocs and meimei(younger sister) sounded like she wanted to cry already but Mommy finally managed to convince her that the wait would be too long. So Mommy offered the stuff in her plastic bag to us and that's how Fi got her Pearl Primas.
I notice we sound rather begger-ish.
If they really had somewhere to go, it was a good choice 'coz the girls and I were in
The Queue
for 3 HOURS!!!
*fainted*

You know, when you're in a
SUPER SALE BONANZA
,
there are bound to be things you normally wouldn't do in real life.
So this is Fi, acting innocent after doing something...



So excited to see someone at the Expo 'coz I thought he was working part time there or something. Please forgive me, at that time I was only thinking of the many ways to make my wait in The Queue shorter.



Turns out he's just there for the sale like everyone else. CHEAH!
He was wearing this pass that looked rather official, so cannot blame me for assuming!

He left without buying anything, probably turned off by the crowd.
But so wasted la, could have asked us to queue up for you lo!

Anyway, one can really see the ugly side of people in situations like this.
Many MANY selfish people who just grabbed everything they could from the helpers
and later trot off to some empty area to try ALL their Crocs.
Dumping whatever else they don't wanna get on the floor.
At the end of the day, you'll see small mountains of Crocs littered on the floor.
And people scavenging through them.

It's like in the wild.
The lions go for the kill and leave the leftovers for the hyenas and vultures.
Sad to say, I was a hyena.
hahahaha!



After 3hrs in The Queue, the total damage came up to
$170 (inclusive of Dawn's items).
Great deal for 7 items...wooot!

We were so hungry while paying for the Crocs, Em suckered us into going to
Northpoint Shopping Centre.
That place sucks!
It's under renovation and the number of eateries are either closed or really not that attractive.
Ended up eating at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe because of the poor choices in eateries.
WHAT! They have a website! I've no freaking idea how they can expand their branches to so many places.
THE FOOD AND SERVICE SUCKS!

Apparantly I'm not the only who thinks so.
The different groups of people I've gone with have ALL said the same thing.

Guess What?
I didn't know what the name of that Hong Kong Cafe that we went to, so I googled
"Hong Kong Cafe sucks"
and google threw up a stomp forum that also agreed that this particular HK Cafe is nonsense and not worth the money for it's food.

I had the beef spaghetti. The spaghetti was ok but the beef was horrid! I didn't even realize it's beef 'coz of the amount of flour/gelatine/ligament I was eating.

Fi had the don't know what porridge but she said
tastes like one of those Maggie instant porridge...
CRAP! Wanted to cheong (sprint in SuperSonic style) to 7-11 at that point and get the instant porridge to compare when she said that.
Just that it's not my area and don't know where the 7-11 was.

Em had the pork rice thing with wanton soup. She didn't have nice things to say about them either and couldn't finish the wantons in the soup 'coz it tastes like @#$@#%@$!
She said,
Wantons don't taste like this in Hong Kong.

I FULLY AGREE! Even roadside food taste better in Hong Kong or Bangkok!
How are they still surviving and expanding branches left, right and centre is beyond me!

SO PISSED!
NO PICTURES THERE AS THEY ARE NOT WORTH MY FINGER EXERCISE!



After getting out of NorthPoint, we went to town to meet up with Dawnie!
Hung out at Paragon as somebody wanted to show me the winter jacket she's eyeing!

Before that, we had to get some dessert as our taste buds were so not satisfied from the late lunch. We decided to drop by P.S Cafe 'coz it always reminds us of somebody. hahaha!

I was in a 'i-need-chocolate' mood.
Not familiar with their menu so we got a recommendation for the double chocolate cake with ice-cream.
It was ALOT better than I imagined it to be.

Seriously, we went from Hell to Heaven.

Would have had another order of it, if my stomach wasn't about to burst.



While taking our order,
Harry asked if we just came from Bangkok.
Yeah...we just touched down and immediately went to have dessert at P.S Cafe...
=p



Playing with my camera, Fi does a great job taking the artsy shots.
I'm crap at them.
I don't know how to think out of the box.

After dessert...We went to 'the winter jacket' shop.
Don't know the name of it.
It's their winter collection and they've alot of pretty things inside.
As in the photos, Fi and I was carrying the blue plastic bag around the whole of Paragon.
Yeah, so atas (high class) and I look like I just came back from Bangkok.

The kindly sales guy from 'the winter jacket' shop offered to take our bags to put it at the side of the shop, so we could shop with ease.
Apparently, it looked heavy.
I don't know if it was 'coz I was making the shop look cheap or he thought the bag was too heavy to carry around OR I was blocking other shoppers?
But Fi and I declined and I told him it's actually very light.
HAAHHA!! All crocs, it's even lighter than my sling bag...

Going-to-somewhere-winter-cold girl didn't buy the jacket she's been thinking about but got even more distracted with heaps of other designs.
One is never enough...

So we went to look at Planet Traveler, was it?
The only thing I liked there...was this Cow print thing.



Em, you should buy this!!!
Bring it when you go Bangkok and when you're tired you just sit on it, instead of looking for stools in every shop! haahha!
And if you're too tired to walk, sit on it and wheel yourself forward or get someone to pull you along!
Fantastic mini luggage!!

Then no where else to go, went to Metro to walk and look at more winter jackets.
Recommended one ah-mah looking jacket to her!! HAHAHAH!!
Think Fi would prefer to freeze and die before wearing that.

Feathers in Metro's X'mas trees!!
It's one of the X'mas trees that I like so far.
Freaking pretty!
It looks so pretty in pictures too!!



At 6pm, we were waiting for Dawnie outside Paragon,
entertained our silly selves by taking more pictures.
I (it was me!! Me MEMEMEMEME!!)
took this MEGA PRETTY shot of the both of them.
WAHHHH!!! It should be a postcard la!




It's a bears theme for Taka this year.
Wonder if they'll donate the bears after X'mas, that would be nice yeah.
It would be a turn off it they'd try to sell it.


I know! Super corny but it was the only thing I could think of.
=)



By the way, I'm not really asking for a toy bear this X'mas.
Soft toys are just not my thing.

Waiting for our Crystal Jade table at the fountain near Taka Square.
Number 68!

Fi very unhappy with her KS bag.
The handle totally pok (fell? came? pok sounds better!) off when she pulled it at Expo.



The only photo I have at Crystal Jade, it's of Dawnie.
After that I kept my camera and concentrated on food.
I ate wanton mee! DELICIOUS!!
WOOT! WOOT!


Guess whose leg...
Changed from Tai Tai fashion to Comfy Crocs?



P/S Didn't think it would come across as quite poor thing.
Everyone was kind enough to put up with me and didn't chase me out of their shops.
If you saw me in town and thought I looked like I got chased out of my home.
You should have passed me some bling bling!
hahaha!

The Crocs Sale post will end here with this picture...




No comments: